My husband and I have been craving pizza so he decided to throw together a low carb pizza casserole. He didn’t follow a recipe, but it still turned out REALLY good. Totally hit the spot. The entire casserole has about 24g of carbs (for us, it made about 6 servings so 4g per serving). But, we used mushrooms because we love them, take those out and you take out a few carbs, if you’re being really strict.
- 2 lbs ground beef (we used 80/20)
- 1 lb ground Italian sausge
- 1 onion chopped
- Parmesan cheese (grab a whole bag cause you can use as much as you’d like)
- Mozzarella cheese (same for this one)
- 1 jar low carb pizza sauce (Rao’s Homemade Pizza Sauce has 2 net carbs)
- Pepperoni (as much as you’d like, again)
- Fresh Basil
- Whatever other toppings you like that are keto friendly of course
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet with some olive oil, start to saute the onions. When the onions begin to get soft, add the ground beef and sausage to the skillet. Brown the meat.
- Drain as much grease as possible from the meat.
- Place browned meat in casserole dish spreading as even as possible.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of meat to individual liking.
- Spread pizza sauce as evenly as possible on top of meat and cheese layer.
- Add desired toppings (here is where he added the mushrooms).
- Cover with generous amount of Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover top of casserole with pepperoni to individual liking. (Here he also added a little more sauce as well but up to individual’s preference).
- Place fresh basil leaves on top.
- Put in oven for approximately 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling around edges.