This can be made with just about any keto friendly vegetable. The original recipe we found used zucchini which is what we used the first time but it was a little watery so we switched to broccoli and mushrooms.
What You’ll Need:
- Vegetables of choice
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese (we added some cheddar too)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).
- Grease a 9×9 or equivalent oven proof pan.
- Overlap 1/3 of the veggies and onion slices in the pan, then season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Repeat two more times until you have three layers and have used up all of the veggies, onions, and shredded cheese.
- Combine the garlic powder, butter, and heavy cream in a microwave safe dish.
- Heat for one minute or until the butter has melted. Stir.
- Gently pour the butter and cream mixture over the veggie layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees (F) for about 45 minutes, or until the liquid has thickened and the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm.