What we have here ladies and gents is an old fashion showdown. Which protein cookie is the best? Our contenders…
Justine’s Protein Cookies – made in New Zealand, these cookies have 250-260 calories, less than 3g net carbs, 7g of fiber and 15-19g of protein depending on the flavor.
Quest Protein Cookies – made from the long time favorite Quest Nutrition have 250 calories, 4g net carbs, 9g of fiber, and 15g of protein depending on the flavor.
Lenny & Larry Protein Cookies – coming in at a much larger cookie, these have about 400 calories, 56 net carbs, 10g fiber, and 16g of protein depending on the flavor.
So let’s dive a little deeper shall we?
Justine’s cookies come in four flavors – chocolate chip, raspberry white chocoalte chip, peanut butter, and chocolate fudge.
- Taste – 8/10 – they are pretty good, a little dry, but anyone that has been in the diet game for a while knows that most protein baked goods are. The white chocolate raspberry has a very strange after taste that was my least favorite. My favorite was the peanut butter, for sure.
- Nutritional value – 9/10 – the cookies are Keto/low carb friendly which is a huge plus for most people these days and they have a great amount of protein for their size.
- Price – box of 12 is $32.85
Quest cookies come in four flavors – chocolate chip, double chocolate chip, peanut butter, and oatmeal raisin.
- Taste – 8/10 – Quest almost always delivers on taste. Definitely better if you warm in up in the microwave for about 10 seconds though. Double chocolate is my fav. The chocolate chip tastes a little bland.
- Nutritional value – 9/10 – slightly higher on the net carbs but not terrible at all, great protein, and only 250 calories.
- Price – box of 12 is $23.99
Lenny & Larry cookies come in 12 flavors – chocolate chip, double chocolate, pumpkin spice, lemon poppy seed, birthday cake, choc-o-mint, coconut chocolate chip, peanut butter chocolate chip, snicker doodle, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, white chocolate macadamia nut and apple pie.
- Taste – 9/10 – love the taste of these. Any ones with chocolate I warm up in the microwave for ten seconds and it is heavenly. Hard to choose a favoritebut lemon poppyseed and chocolate chip are up there. The birthday cake flavor is a little bland.
- Nutritional value – 5/10 – 400 calories is like a whole meal, high in carbs, and one thing I really don’t like is that each cookie is two servings (read your nutrition labels carefully people!). That seems so sneaky to me. I know they are much bigger cookies than the others (unless you buy their mini size) which is why I cut them a break on the high calories, carb, fat, etc.
- Price – box of 12 is $21.95
So which is the best protein cookie? Well, depends, are you going for taste? Best nutritional value? Most for your money? Guess, you’ll have to try them all and decide. Either way it’s a win, because you’re eating cookies.